Microbial technology application via seed coating for sustainable plant cultivation
Project partners :
The aim of the European project "MICROCOAT" is to develop a seed coating formulation containing beneficial microorganisms for growth and health of plants to sustain agriculture and horticulture.
- Need of biological alternatives to chemicals for eco-friendly production
- Need of sustainable solutions to overcome the decrease of soil fertility due to the massive use of chemicals
- Providing beneficial microoragnisms in culture system to improve the nutrition and health of plants
- Soil problems have negative consequences on production, water protection and food security
- Developing new products and new application methods for introducing beneficial microorganisms in agriculture and horticulture
- Innovative applications in order to restore and maintain soil fertility / crop systems
- Reducing the use of fertilizers / pesticides in agriculture and horticulture
- Widespreading the use of these micro-organisms via seed coating (simplified use)
- Seeking professionals for testing coated seeds in horticulture/Agricluture.